Medical visas are issued to persons who go to India for the purpose of health care. The visa is granted for a period of up to one year and allows up to three entries. The traveler is obliged to register on site within 14 days of the first entry.
- Passport, valid for at least 180 days and with two free pages. Printed or already stamped pages do not count.
- Two identical photos in Indian format 5 x 5 cm (Requirement of photograph for download)
- Completed application form & additional form
- Further documents from the treating hospital in India. (All writing in English)
- Letter of recommendation from a doctor / hospital in Germany.
- The registration of the Indian doctor / hospital
- Individuals of Indian origin who wish to apply for a visa need a Surrender Certifcate .
- Additionally required documents for non-German nationals. An Extended Registration Certificate proving that you have resided in Germany for more than 24 months and have completed the supplementary form for non-German nationals .
- Additionally required documents for Afghan, Sri Lankan, Chinese, Pakistani, Nigerian, Somali, Iranian, Iraqi, stateless citizens and former.
- Visa processing times
Failure to comply with the above points will result in the request for new documents, which may involve additional costs!
For further information on the postal application for a medical visa read on …
For more information on our opening hours read on …