Medical visas are issued to persons who go to India for the purpose of health care. The visa is granted for a period of up to one year and allows up to three entries. The traveler is obliged to register on site within 14 days of the first entry.
- Passport, valid for at least 180 days and with two free pages. Printed or already stamped pages do not count.
- Two identical photos in Indian format 5 x 5 cm (Requirement of photograph for download)
- Completed application form & additional form
- Further documents from the treating hospital in India. (All writing in English)
- Letter of recommendation from a doctor / hospital in Germany.
- The registration of the Indian doctor / hospital
- Individuals of Indian origin who wish to apply for a visa need a Surrender Certifcate .
- Additionally required documents for non-German nationals. An Extended Registration Certificate proving that you have resided in Germany for more than 24 months and have completed the supplementary form for non-German nationals .
- Additionally required documents for Afghan, Sri Lankan, Chinese, Pakistani, Nigerian, Somali, Iranian, Iraqi, stateless citizens and former.
- Visa processing times
For further information on the postal application for a medical visa read on …
For more information on our opening hours read on …