Business visas are issued to travelers who travel to India to explore business opportunities, buy or sell products, start a business, or maintain existing business relationships.
- Original passport, valid for at least 180 days and with two free pages. Printed or already stamped pages do not count.
- Two identical photos in Indian format 5 x 5 cm (Requirement of photograph for download)
- Completed application form & additional form
- A formal letter from the sending company informing about the duration, purpose of the journey and the reimbursement of the costs.
- A formal invitation from the Indian company informing about the duration and purpose of the trip. (All writing in English)
- Copy of the commercial register extract of the Indian company.
- For business visas with a duration of more than 12 months: Additional letter with basic data about the company’s sales, profits and business with India in the last three years. (We do not need the balance sheets of the last three years). For a 5-year visa, submit biometric fingerprint.
- Individuals of Indian origin who wish to apply for a visa need a Surrender Certifcate .
- Additionally required documents for non-German nationals. An Extended Registration Certificate proving that you have resided in Germany for more than 24 months and have completed the supplementary form for non-German nationals .
- Additionally required documents for Afghan, Sri Lankan, Chinese, Pakistani, Nigerian, Somali, Iranian, Iraqi, stateless citizens and former.
- Visa processing times
Further information can be found under FAQ
For more information on the postal application for a business visa read on …
For more information on our opening hours read on …