Conference visas are issued to participants of conferences invited by the Government of India or public companies. Participants in conferences organized by non-governmental organizations also require the approval of the relevant local authorities.
- Passport, valid for at least 180 days and with two free pages. Printed or already stamped pages do not count.
- Two identical photos in Indian format 5 x 5 cm (Requirement of photograph for download)
- Completed application form & additional form
- A formal invitation by the organizer
- A letter from the organization represented by the participant. (including reimbursement of costs)
- A written agreement from one of the following ministries is required:
- Written approval of the Ministry of Interior for the conference
- Written consent of the relevant ministry to the conference
- Written approval of the Foreign Ministry for the conference
- Written approval of the government of the state concerned about the conference
- Additionally required documents for non-German nationals. An Extended Registration Certificate proving that you have resided in Germany for more than 24 months and have completed the supplementary form for non-German nationals .
- Additionally required documents for Afghan, Sri Lankan, Chinese, Pakistani, Nigerian, Somali, Iranian, Iraqi, stateless citizens and former.
- Visa processing times
- fees –
Further information can be found under FAQ
Failure to comply with the above points will result in the request for new documents, which may involve additional costs!
For more information on the postal application for a conference visa read on …
For more information on our opening hours read on …