Conference visas are issued to participants of conferences invited by the Government of India or public companies. Participants in conferences organized by non-governmental organizations also require the approval of the relevant local authorities.
- Passport, valid for at least 180 days and with two free pages. Printed or already stamped pages do not count.
- Two identical photos in Indian format 5 x 5 cm (Requirement of photograph for download)
- Completed application form & additional form
- A formal invitation by the organizer
- A letter from the organization represented by the participant. (including reimbursement of costs)
- A written agreement from one of the following ministries is required:
- Written approval of the Ministry of Interior for the conference
- Written consent of the relevant ministry to the conference
- Written approval of the Foreign Ministry for the conference
- Written approval of the government of the state concerned about the conference
- Additionally required documents for non-German nationals. An Extended Registration Certificate proving that you have resided in Germany for more than 24 months and have completed the supplementary form for non-German nationals .
- Additionally required documents for Afghan, Sri Lankan, Chinese, Pakistani, Nigerian, Somali, Iranian, Iraqi, stateless citizens and former.
- Visa processing times
- fees –
Further information can be found under FAQ
For more information on the postal application for a conference visa read on …
For more information on our opening hours read on …