Student visas are issued to travelers who travel to India to study at a recognized school or college, or receive Indian dance, yoga, or Vedic culture training. The visa is issued for the probable duration of the studies, as specified by the training institution, but for a maximum of five years. Within 14 days of arrival in India, the applicant is required to register if his or her stay is longer than 180 days.
Travelers traveling to India on the grounds of an AIESEC project apply for a business entry form for those who engage in social projects.
- Passport, valid for at least 180 days and with two free pages. Printed or already stamped pages do not count.
- Two identical photos in Indian format 5 x 5 cm ( Requirement of photograph for download)
- Completed application form
- A letter from the school, college or educational institution indicating the duration of the planned studies. Proof of the financing of the stay.
- In the case of minor applicants, parents’ consent. (All writing in English)
- The applicant’s parents need the following two documents:
- Copy of passports or identity cards
- surety bond
- birth certificate
- The Indian Consulate General may also request additional documents.
- Additionally required documents for non-German nationals. An Extended Registration Certificate proving that you have resided in Germany for more than 24 months and have completed the supplementary form for non-German nationals .
- Additionally required documents for Afghan, Sri Lankan, Chinese, Pakistani, Nigerian, Somali, Iranian, Iraqi, stateless citizens and former.
- Visa processing time
For further information on the postal application for a student visa read on …
For more information on our opening hours read on …