We only accept Passport applications from the area of responsibility of IGCS Frankfurt. (Hesse, North Rhine-Westphalia, Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland)
Reissue of passport before expiry of current passport. Please send us the following documents including proof of the transfer already made. Incomplete applications cannot be processed further, additional processing fees may apply and the processing time will be extended accordingly. The average processing time for complete applications is between 4 and 6 weeks. In exceptional cases, the processing time can take longer. In the current Corona/Covid-19 crisis, the processing time is extended by up to 2 weeks.
- Online Application Form filled Signed printed Form twice (Signature: 1x first and last page)
- Two identical photos in Indian format 5 x 5 cm (Requirement of photograph for download)
- Original passport
- Copy of Indian Passport (First & Last page) with Signature of applicant
- Copy of Resident Permit with signature
- Copy of Meldebescheinigung from the concerned local authorities (Proof of registration). You are registered in the area of responsibility of IGCS Frankfurt. (Hesse, North Rhine-Westphalia, Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland)
- Copy of Money Transfer slip for Passport and 19,00 DHL(we are recommending DHL dispatch)
- If you are Married: Marriage certificate copy, Spouse passport (visacopy, first and last page copy and visa copy).
- The passport can only be issued after a police check of the Indian address given in the application. Please make sure that the police station you have selected is responsible for the address provided. Carrying out the police check is the sole responsibility of the applicant. Look out for official emails you must receive from the Indian Authority during your application process. If you have not received this email within 3 weeks, contact your police station directly
- All documents submitted must be of very good quality so that they can be processed digitally without any problems.
- Fees: Normal Passport Fee – Consulate 62,00 € + IGCS 13,50 € = 75,50 € + 19,00 € for DHL Dispatch = Total 94,50 €
Failure to comply with the above points will result in the request for new documents, which may involve additional costs!
We recommend that postal applications are only sent to us with the option to track the shipment. You can see when we received your application and after three to four working days you can check your application status on the following page.
Indian passport applications will only be completed after police clearance from India. After four to six weeks, you can check the application status on the Indian government’s website to see whether the confirmation from the Indian police has been received. Otherwise, you can report to the police in India.