Transit visas are issued to persons visiting India only in transit. The visa is valid for entry within 15 days of issue and a maximum stay of three days.
- Passport, valid for at least 180 days and with two free pages. Printed or already stamped pages do not count.
- Two identical passport pictures in Indian format 5 x 5 cm (request of the photo for download)
- Completed application form & additional form
- Copy of Passport (Only applies to IGCS Hamburg)
- Proof of transit in the form of copies of the tickets
- Individuals of Indian origin who wish to apply for a visa need a Surrender Certifcate .
- Additionally required documents for non-German nationals. An Extended Registration Certificate proving that you have resided in Germany for more than 24 months and have completed the supplementary form for non-German nationals .
- Additionally required documents for Afghan, Sri Lankan, Chinese, Pakistani, Nigerian, Somali, Iranian, Iraqi, stateless citizens and former.
- Applicants of Asian descent need a travel plan .
- Visa processing times
For further information on the postal application for a transit visa read on …
For more information on our opening hours read on …