Transit visas are issued to persons visiting India only in transit. The visa is valid for entry within 15 days of issue and a maximum stay of three days.
- Passport, valid for at least 180 days and with two free pages. Printed or already stamped pages do not count.
- Two identical passport pictures in Indian format 5 x 5 cm (request of the photo for download)
- Completed application form & additional form
- Proof of transit in the form of copies of the tickets
- Individuals of Indian origin who wish to apply for a visa need a Surrender Certifcate .
- Additionally required documents for non-German nationals. An Extended Registration Certificate proving that you have resided in Germany for more than 24 months and have completed the supplementary form for non-German nationals .
- Additionally required documents for Afghan, Sri Lankan, Chinese, Pakistani, Nigerian, Somali, Iranian, Iraqi, stateless citizens and former.
- Applicants of Asian descent need a travel plan .
- Visa processing times
Failure to comply with the above points will result in the request for new documents, which may involve additional costs!
For further information on the postal application for a transit visa read on …
For more information on our opening hours read on …